Smoke, banging engines and nostalgia
VI Konse Motel and Caravan Grounds Old Machinery Day
YOU ARE INVITED TO PÄRNU!
Come and bring your family to partake in nostalgic experiences. On 11-12 AUGUST 2018 Konse Motel&Caravan Grounds in cooperation with Pärnumaa Old Machinery Club holds an OLD MACHINERY EXHIBITION in PÄRNU at SUUR-JÕE 44a.
WE WOULD LIKE AS PARTICIPANTS:
✤ Classic and unique vehicles irrespective of the country of origin, number of wheels and type of fuel, made 45 or more years ago.
✤ Stationary engines and any farm equipment and tractors made before 1950.
✤ We would love to have at the street market traders with any old machinery, spare parts, tools, books and old photos.
VARIOUS ENTERTAINING SPORTS EVENTS:
✤ An orienteering contest for those participating with old machinery (separate competition classes for cars and motorbikes).
✤ A stunt-racing track for cars.
✤ An engineless stunt motorbike and stunt-racing track.
✤ Horse and carriage rides. Payment directly to the driver.
✤ Trampoline jumping for children.
✤ Mood is set by a day host and a variety of performers.
✤ Those coming from faraway places may stay overnight at the tent site for no charge; motel rooms are available at special rates.
✤ All participants with old machinery are offered a light meal by Konse and a mug of cold beer courtesy of A. Le Coq.
- 8.00-10.30 Check-in for participants and preparation of machinery for exhibition
- 10.30 Opening
- 10.45 Agricultural engine cranking ‒ round I
- 11.45 Agricultural engine cranking ‒ round II
- 12.00 Orienteering contest for cars, motorbikes and mopeds
- 13.00 Agricultural engine cranking ‒ round III
- 12.30-14.30 Lunch for participants
- 13.30 Stunt race for cars and tractors
- 14.00-15.00 Stunt race for trick bikes
- 15.30 Awards ceremony closing of the Old Machinery Day
AWARDS WILL GO TO:
✤ three best in both competition classes of the orienteering contest, ✤ best period-costumed team, ✤ oldest car, ✤ oldest motorbike ✤ oldest tractor, ✤ oldest mechanism that needed to be ‘cranked’ into use, ✤ best-restored engine-generator, ✤ most beautiful-sounding engine-generator, ✤ favourite car chosen by visitors.
Note. Prior registration is recommended in order to calculate how much meat is needed for the lunch.
Additional information and registration of participants:
- Raivo Hannus ☎ +3725043614 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jüri Vaikjärv ☎ +37253418951