Smoke, banging engines and nostalgia
VII Konse Motel and Caravan Grounds Old Machinery Day
YOU ARE INVITED TO PÄRNU!
Come and bring your family to partake in nostalgic experiences. On 10 AUGUST Konse Motel&Caravan Grounds in cooperation with Pärnumaa Old Machinery Club holds an OLD MACHINERY EXHIBITION and a STREET MARKET in PÄRNU at SUUR-JÕE 44a.
✤ Classic and unique vehicles irrespective of the country of origin, number of wheels and type of fuel, made 40 or more years ago.
✤ Stationary engines and any farm equipment and tractors made before 1950.
✤ We would love to have at the street market traders with any old machinery, spare parts, tools, books and old photos.
A trading spot costs EUR 4.00.
VARIOUS ENTERTAINING SPORTS EVENTS:
✤ An orienteering contest for those participating with old machinery (separate competition classes for cars and motorbikes).
✤ A stunt-racing track for cars.
✤ An engineless stunt motorbike and stunt-racing track.
✤ Horse and carriage rides. Payment directly to the driver.
✤ Trampoline jumping for children.
✤ Mood is set by a day host and a variety of performers.
✤ Those coming from faraway places may stay overnight at the tent site for no charge; motel rooms are available at special rates.
✤ All participants with old machinery are offered a light meal by Konse and a mug of cold beer courtesy of A. Le Coq.
The event is free for both participants and visitors!
- 8.00-10.30 Check-in for participants and preparation of machinery for exhibition
- 10.30 Opening
- 10.45 Agricultural engine cranking ‒ round I
- 11.45 Agricultural engine cranking ‒ round II
- 12.00 Orienteering contest for cars, motorbikes and mopeds
- 13.00 Agricultural engine cranking ‒ round III
- 12.30-14.30 Lunch for participants
- 13.30 Stunt race for cars and tractors
- 14.00-15.00 Stunt race for trick bikes
- 15.30 Awards ceremony closing of the Old Machinery Day
AWARDS WILL GO TO:
✤ three best in both competition classes of the orienteering contest, ✤ best period-costumed team, ✤ oldest car, ✤ oldest motorbike ✤ oldest tractor, ✤ oldest mechanism that needed to be ‘cranked’ into use, ✤ best-restored engine-generator, ✤ most beautiful-sounding engine-generator, ✤ favourite car chosen by visitors.
Note. Prior registration is recommended in order to calculate how much meat is needed for the lunch.
Additional information and registration of participants:
- Raivo Hannus ☎ +3725043614 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Jüri Vaikjärv ☎ +37253418951